All of our pupils are expected to wear full academy uniform correctly at all times of the day and on the way to and from the academy. Our uniform is very smart, practical and reflects the aspirations of our academy ethos.
Our pupils helped contribute to the design of our logo when the academy was preparing to become Harris Primary Academy Orpington, ready for September 2016. All items of clothing must have a name tag, preferably embroidered, sewn in or named using an indelible pen.
Our uniform providers are Caseys Schoolwear. Items to be purchased through Caseys Schoolwear (Click here to order your uniform online from Caseys Schoolwear) are as follows:.
- A Harris Primary Academy Orpington grey jumper or cardigan
- A Harris Primary Academy Orpington tie.
- A Harris Primary Academy Orpington book bag
Items which may be purchased through Caseys Schoolwear or other retailers:
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore
- White collared school shirt (not a polo shirt)
- In the summer term only, a red checked school summer dress can be worn
- Dark grey, black or white tights or socks
- Black school shoes (not boots or any footwear that comes above the ankle - Wellingtons or other boots may be worn on the way to or from school in inclement weather)
Please note that a small selection of academy jumpers and ties are available from our 'Academy Uniform Shop' on Wednesday mornings only.
Our PE Kit
Items to be purchased through Caseys Schoolwear (Click here for a link to Caseys Schoolwear site) as follows:
- A Harris Primary Academy Orpington PE t-shirt
- A Harris Primary Academy Orpington P.E. bag with logo
- Items which may be purchased through Caseys Schoolwear or other retailers:
- Black shorts / tracksuit
- Suitable PE footwear (trainers or plimsolls)
- Jewellery is not acceptable in school. This includes earrings – we have a policy that stud earrings only are allowed. Children are allowed to wear a watch of appropriate size.
- Hijab, hair ties or bands should be black or in the school’s colours. Please note, bows should be of a reasonable size.
- Hair styles need to be appropriate for school. We do not accept patterns shaved into hair or Mohican style haircuts.
- Children should not wear artificial nails or nail varnish.