Our Lunch Menu
Our school lunches, other snacks, and meals are healthy as well as tasty.
All children in Reception are given free milk daily.
All children in KS1 are given a free piece of fruit daily.
All children in KS2 may bring in a piece of fruit or a cereal bar to eat at play time.
All children may bring in a labelled water bottle to drink in the classroom.
Pupils may bring in packed lunches if they prefer. Please note, we do have a number of children with nut allergies. Please do not send your children into school with any foods containing nuts, including peanut butter and cereal bars containing nuts.
The Autumn menu is available to download below.
To pay for your School Meals, please click here for Parentpay.
Packed Lunch Policy
The UK government have produced packed lunch guidance to support the implementation of new school food standards for school lunches and ensure that all children benefit from eating quality food during the school day.
Their guidelines which we follow at HPAO are:
· One portion of fruit and one portion of vegetable or salad every day to be included in packed lunches
· Meat, fish or another source of non-dairy protein should be included every day. Non dairy sources of protein include lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, and falafel
· An oily fish, such as salmon, should be included at least once every three weeks
· A starchy food, such as bread or pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other cereals, should be included every day
· A dairy food, such as semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard should be included every day
· Free, fresh drinking water should be available at all times
· Include only water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies
· Snacks such as crisps should not be included. Instead, include seeds, vegetables and fruit (with no added salt, sugar or fat). Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit, vegetables or dairy food are also a good choice
· Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets should not be included. Cakes and biscuits are allowed but these should be part of a balanced meal
· Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies corned meat and sausages / chipolatas should be included only occasionally